DAVAO PHOTODIARY: DAY 1

Friday, May 22, 2015

Here's another travel backlog that I want to share with you :)

Out of the blue, my sister invited me to join her and her officemates Carol and Jong in their trip to Davao City in Mindanao, Philippines. Ofcourse, I immediately agreed and packed my bags! It's very unusual for my sister to bring me to her out-of-town/country trips. Besides how can I say no to an opportunity to travel free? (My parents convinced my sister to pay for all my expenses during the trip. Thank you, Ate Janine for giving in. LOL!) Oh, the perks of being the youngest sibling in the family and having a generous employed sister!



Certainly took an airplane window shot.



Upon arrival at the airport, we were fetched by the tour guide that my sister hired. The guide insisted that we take a photo of the airport's landscape.




Also located in the airport grounds is the impressive durian piece of the sculptor Kublai Khan. 



Our itinerary for our first day in Davao was totally jam-packed. We had breakfast in TAPS - a famous fastfood chain there that serves, obviously, the best tapsilog in town. 



We then headed to Osmena Park.



The waling-waling flower or the queen of orchids, along with durian and the Philippine Eagle, is one of the icons of Davao.



Located just in front of Osmena Park is the Museo Dabawenyo.

There are a lot of paintings that tackle religion in the Museo Dabawenyo.

Best part was there are no entrance fees for both the park and the museum! :)

Also part of our loooong list of places and attractions to visit that day were Apo ni Lola Durian Candy Factory..




..the Philippine Eagle Center 








..and Eden Nature Park & Resort.



Aside from the beautiful scenery, there are also many activities to try in Eden Nature Park & Resort. Some not for the faint-hearted, I must say. 



But, if you're in for some scream fest or just pure fun then go and ride the SkyCycle and SkyRider. 




Be sure to appoint someone from among your friends (or from the friendly staff there) to document you live in action so that you'll have something to laugh about after! Haha, trust me on this!


Last stop was at Jack's Ridge, a notable dining spot located at the top of a hill.


This is what's in the middle of Jack's Ridge. Pretty cool!


After finally crossing out all the places in our Day 1 itinerary, we checked in at Ponce Suite Gallery Hotel. 



The hotel pride themselves on their eccentric interiors which are all artworks of the local artist and owner's son, Kublai Khan. 






If you're the type of traveler who doesn't want to splurge too much on accommodation, I recommend this place for you. 

(c) Photos taken by Janine Roque & Carol Muyano

You Might Also Like

0 comments